Master's in Anthropology
The Master's in Anthropology program prepares you for a career in research, teaching and a variety of other environments. It revolves around one of the 4 sub-disciplines of anthropology, i.e.:
- Biological anthropology
The master's program consists of a minimum of 15 course credits. Another 30 credits are granted for researching and writing your thesis, including 3 for a seminar on writing a thesis.
You have a maximum of 2 years to submit your thesis after you first enrol.
Questions about this program?
The + of studying anthropology at the Université de Montréal!
- Historical archaeology internships at the Archaeological Field School on the Fort Ville-Marie and Callière's residence sites.
- Possibility of a dig internship in Quebec or Europe.
- A collection of ethnographic objects (in French) with nearly 3,750 pieces, dating from the early 20th century to the present.
- Films, discussions, lectures and an annual anthropology symposium to enhance your classroom learning.
- According to the firm QS, the Université de Montréal ranks among the top 100 universities in the world in anthropology.